Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Google Buzz:

When I began using Facebook in 04/05 what I liked about it was its privacy. I didn’t like myspace because I didn’t feel the need to be friends with those that I don’t care to talk to.
When I received a friend request from someone I didn’t talk to like a high school acquaintance, I would reject the request. Why if I didn’t really talk them should I stay in contact now I thought. This was until more and more people I knew started using Facebook. I was not easily converted to accepting all if not most friend requests I received but once I began the gates opened.
I miss the original use of facebook, I miss the digital portal to my REAL friends.
Is this what Google is trying to do with Buzz? Does Google already know that I am not connecting with most of my Facebook friends and am constantly removing their status updates from my wall?
Is Google Buzz, Googles way of providing its users an interactive sharing medium with your REAL friends? Are Google going back to where facebook began?

If BUZZ is the next step in social networking and BUZZ uses your Google profile, and Google is the search king.. Does this mean that your Google profile will soon become the first page, position one result when you Google yourself ?
Are we ready for a world directory?
Facebook tried this with unique URL's and it failed because people want their Facebook activity private. Does Google think that people are ready for this?

1 comment: